Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hotelfrau



Day 20 of living in a hotel. At first you might think it would be nice, living in a hotel. There is no housework involved. Everyday someone comes and replaces your dirty wet towels with fresh clean ones. Someone makes my bed everyday. I can tell you now it gets old pretty quick. My husband finally called the front desk and the hospitality people stopped knocking on our door at the crack of dawn to replenish the mini bar. Are there people who really need a 3oz bottle of vodka at 6:00 in the morning? Not being a drinking person I can't really understand this.




Housekeeping never comes at the same time every day and I live in fear of someday coming out of the shower to find a stranger making my bed while my children are watching disturbing BBC public television.




check the "security lock" like a person with OCD every time I go to the bathroom.I look fondly back at the days where I ate breakfast in my pajamas while the kids watched playhouse disney. Now we have to dress and go downstairs to eat. I am tired of pickled herring and salami as breakfast foods. Not that I would eat any of that. I head for the white toast and jelly and pray that I will make it through the next hour without seeing my breakfast in reverse. Then I head back to the room and try to find all the things the housekeeping staff cleaned for me. While it makes perfect sense that I would want my neat stack of Euros to be tossed in the bag with the diaped wipes part of me wishes they would have been left on the desk. I am also growing tired of avoiding my 5 year olds questions about the absract art on the hotel walls. Two weeks from today we will finally be in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment